- What is Occupational Therapy
- What is Speech and Language Pathology
- 10 Helpful Tips to Build Language Skills While Reading to your Child
- Fall Sensory Activities
- COVID-19 Safe Ways to Celebrate Halloween
- Tips and Tricks to Handwriting
- Communication-Building Gift Ideas
- Holiday Gift Ideas for All Ages
- Use of Candyland in Speech
- Penguin – Paper Plate Activity
- How to build language skills while reading to your child
- What is Self Regulation
- Sign Language in Speech Therapy
- Tips and Tricks for Limiting Screen Time.
- Promoting Literacy and Social Skills Through Children's Literature
- Elephant Paper Plate Craft
- Recommended Spring Themed Books
- Rainy Day Obstacle Course
- Better Night Sleep
- Day in the Life of an SLP (Rose)
- Day in the Life of an SLP (Rose)
- Visiting the Dentist: Tips and Tricks
- Ways to Promote Language While Gardening
- A Day in the Life of an OTR (Brittany)
- What are Executive Functions?
- Packing a Backpack: Tips and Tricks
- Better Night’s Sleep: Tips and Tricks
- The Use of Bubbles in Speech Therapy
- Supporting Language Development with Toy Cars
- Ways to Work on Articulation on Car Rides
- Tips for Your Picky Eater on Thanksgiving
- What is AAC?
- Toilet Training: Tips and Tricks
- Myths of Using Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
- Obstacle Course to Target Balance
- Supporting Language Skills with Toy Cars
- What is Gravitational Insecurity
- Ways to Promote Language Through Gardening
- Salt Painting Craft
- The Importance of Playing at a Park
- Improving Executive Functioning with a Deck of Cards
- 4th of July: Tips and Tricks
SunnyDays was created to provide Speech and Occupational therapy to help infants to young adults achieve milestones, independence, and confidence in all areas of their life. SunnyDays Therapy has offices in Minnetonka, Albertville, and Waconia, Minnesota. We understand that you may not live close to these areas, so we wanted to create a blog to share fun activities and educate families, teachers, healthcare professionals, and many others who work with kids.
Throughout an occupational or speech therapy session, a child participates in many activities to target various areas of development. These activities are engaging and fun for the child to complete. This blog will provide you with activities that you and your child can do in the home setting. There will also be posts about various topics related to occupational and speech therapy to educate and inform you.
Have fun completing these activities, learn lots, and create memories!
- SunnyDays Therapy Team
Disclaimer: Although the writers of these posts and creators of the activities are registered and licensed occupational therapists and speech and language pathologists, this blog is not to replace in-person treatment sessions or therapeutic recommendations or interventions. The ideas posted are informational and intended to be completed with close adult supervision. If you have questions or concerns about the development of your child, please seek the advice of your pediatrician, pediatric therapy specialist, or give us a call at 952-223-2506. The ideas posted here, have come from our therapist’s own creativity. However, at a time when lots of other creative minds post their ideas online, we do our best to give credit and acknowledgement to content that is not ours. In some posts, we recommend toys, products, and services. If you purchase any of these, we are not liable or responsible for your satisfaction, damages, or injuries that result.